I got back from New Zealand this past Saturday. I didn't want to come back. I am going to return. Especially since I left two t-shirts, 2 pairs of socks, and 4 briefs in the last hotel we stayed in. I sent them an email asking them if they found them. :)
I suggest everyone visit New Zealand before they die. It's just wonderfully gorgeous. We had a blast and came home so relaxed.
We met some wonderful people who we will go back to visit. We even spent a day with someone I met via this blog. Kevin (and his partner, Jason). I am always amazed at how something like a blog can connect people from halfway around the world. Not that everyone I have met via this blog are sparklingly wonderful. But Kevin is no longer just a blog friend. He's just a friend.
So, the highlights were:
- the Marlborough wine region
- the Tree House we stayed in at the Hapuku Lodge in Kaikoura
- the two-room Antria Lodge in Blenheim (and Phillip & Katherine, owners)
- meeting life-partners Richard & Jim and staying at their Te Puna Wai lodge in Nelson
- meeting relocated-American-boyfriends Shaun & Carter (at Te Puna Wai)
- jet boating down the Dart River
- hiking up Queenstown Hill to some stunning views
- sailing the Abel Tasman National Park
- the lamb and rock lobster (aka crayfish)
- spending two wonderful weeks with the love of my life
I am really sad to be back. I wish I were still there. I'd do it again. And will. Later.