Boy, do I have some Tales to Tell...
Well kids, it's the holiday season. The time when we are more busy than we should really be. The time when we neglect to visit the gym and gorge ourselves on free sugary treats. For those of us who work at a gym, this is the time when half of the gym population disappears, only to re-appear after the New Year with a new found zeal to fulfill that fitness resolution they have made. WHATEVER!
Here are TEN resolutions the gym staff would like all the members to make:
1. We wish members would resolve to actually stop by the front desk and check in properly.
2. We wish member would resolve to take two or three towels NOT seven or eight.
3. We wish member would resolve to put the towels in the towel bins when they are finished using them.
4. We wish members would resolve to return all the equipment to it's proper place NOT just leave it in the middle of the floor.
5. We wish members would resolve to step on the beat of the music.
6. We wish members would resolve to cleaning up after themselves after using the vanity area.
7. We wish members would resolve to leave the gym at closing time.
8. We wish members would resolve to learn more about exercise and stop doing potentially dangerous ones.
9. We wish members would resolve to lock their valuables with a proper lock.
10. We wish members would resolve to try some new equipment in the gym.
Okay, that's all for now. Happy Holidays all!!!!! Later.
Why do people forget that the gym is public domain? Here are some interesting things I have observed at the gym that tells me that people forget that that a health club is NOT their personal private space:
Woman talking loudly on her cell phone as she waits to take the next group exercise class. She was discussing last night's date that apparently did not go well but she may give him a second chance because he is a doctor.
Man standing sideways on the stretch mat, staring at his reflection in the mirror, as he "sucks in his gut" and releases it out. It would be fine except that he had lifted his shirt to reveal his not-so-flat stomach.
Man getting off the treadmill after a particularly sweaty run, sitting on the edge of the treadmill platform, taking off his sneakers and socks, and airing out his toes.
Woman visibly getting upset that she cannot catch on to the choreography of a step class, stopping halfway through class, pulling out a jumprope, and proceeding to jump rope in the middle of the room.
Man obviously not getting any part of step class, stopping to pull out his tennis racket, and proceeding to practice his serve. Thankfully, not the same class as the woman above.
Woman applying deodorant as she runs out of the locker room.
People leaving their valuables (wallets, watches, gym bags, palm pilots, laptops) on the gym floor OR in unlocked lockers. These are the same people that wonder why their stuff goes missing.
Just a word of advice: if you happen to be one of the above offenders, thanks... we love talking about you. Later.