It's a new year. It's just another day. Another man-created milestone. But we can't help but put it all behind us. I am fine with putting it all behind me. But last year was a good year that had it downs. But it had many more ups. I don't know if it's the fact that I have chosen to recognize the ups. But I have. So, here are what I am happy about:
- My partner and his realization that you can choose to be happy. We are on for New Zealand. We are both EXCITED... to say the very least.
- My friends. When it comes down to it all, it matters who your true friends are. I am very lucky to have good ones. Ones who are true to who they are. For those people that I know who are not true to themselves, I hope you find it within. Because it is there.
- Me. I am about to turn FORTY! I could not be more happy with who I am and why I am. I can't explain it. But I am. Maybe it's because I am more confident with my being. Maybe it's because I have realized that many of the things that happen are a direct result of me. Maybe it's because of the last two bullet points. I don't know. I do know that I am happy. Scary. But good.
- My family. Not always easy to reconcile. But something about them. I think when you realize that your family did their best to understand and accept who you are, then you realize that they are good. Not always easy to swallow. But they are who they are. They are what they knew how to be. They mean well. I could not ask for more for them. We've all lived good lives. Luckily.
- My past. It was not always easy. But it is my past. I have accepted it. I have left it behind. And nothing matters but...
- ...my present. Refer to bullet point #1.