Our society wastes so much time and energy on things that we should not. So, I've taken the liberty of listing what I think is a waste of time and energy and how we should better invest it.
- Take the money we spend on war and spend it on educating our children properly.
- Instead of investing time into opposing same-sex marriage, how about using it to teach tolerance and acceptance.
- Stop hanging out with people who are not healthy for you. Take that time to work on bettering yourself rather than letting them take you down.
- Why not take the time spent twittering and use it to learn how to cook.
- Instead of bitching and moaning about how fat you are, take that time and learn how to cook a healthy meal.
- Stop shopping for the latest gadget and start shopping for sustainable, healthy foods.
- Maybe take the time to catch up/laugh with a friend instead of watching reality television.
- Instead of going out for a cocktail, how about going out to a dance class.
- You spend so much on rent/mortgage, try spending some time in your home rather than at a store, the gym, or, worst of all, at work.
I always hear people complain about their lack of time or energy to do good things for themselves. I always laugh because they seem to find time to do all the other wasteful projects in their lives. Somewhere in my life, I decided to make sure that everything I do has some sort of benefit for me. It may sound impossible. Even cheesy. Even selfish. But, I will say this: once you learn how to do so, everything becomes easier to achieve. Think about it. Later.