2008. Here it is. First post.
I'm not really one to count my blessings. Then again, life is all about change. Nope. Life is only change. So here goes. Thank you for:
- My partner, Mike. Generous, loving, supportive, and understanding. When your heart still skips a beat every time he smiles at you, something is right.
- My nuclear family. Without whom I would never be who I am. The extended ones, eh, not so much.
- Being able to see the good in what I do for a living. I love my job. It can be frustrating. I somehow have learned not to let it be. I love it and yesterday promised to stay in it for at least two years.
- Old friends who always make me laugh. Is there anything more precious?
- New friends who can make me laugh. Few. Far between. Much appreciated.
- The fourth glass of proseco I am drinking. Good thing I have a high tolerance. :)
- My health. I should thank my head for learning to love my body and believe in it.
- This blog. It's been six years and I still find it helpful, cathartic, and necessary.
- The prosperity. A long time ago, a friend of mine would share his prosperity with me. No strings attached. I was poor and he was not. He told me that all he asked is that one day, I do the same thing for someone else. I can. I do. I hope it makes a difference.
- My new iPod nano. How did I ever live without it?
Well, that's not it but, for now, it is. Happy New Year to anyone reading this. As cheesy as it sounds, I do wish for world peace. I wish that we find the peace within ourselves to be kind, generous, and accepting. Pray for laughter. It's the best gift one can give. Later.