My parents have been in town for the past couple of weeks. But, since I cannot take time off from work, I have had limited time to hang with them. Not that they do much. They are older and tire easily, so most of the time we spend together is just hanging out at the apartment or some cute restaurant having a small snack. Tonight, Mike and I took them to see Mary Poppins
. My mother loved it. I think my Dad did too.
I also loved it. It was a tad bit long and the kids in the audience got on my nerves. I hate children but I knew I had to endure them for a Disney show. Nonetheless, there were some great moments:
- The actor Matthew Gumley who played the boy was amazing. Better voice than the girl.
- Ashley Brown played Mary Poppins; Ashley Brown is a goddess.
- Bert walking and tap-dancing upside-down is AMAZING! The actor who played Bert, Gavin Lee, was AMAZING!
- Supercalifragalisticxpialidocious, even though the sound if it is something quite atrocious. If you say it loud enough, you'll always sound precocious... I have to learn that choreography, if it's the last thing I do in my life.
- My mom having a great time.
That made my night. Later.