So I've been named by Cole
to the Caesar's Bath meme.The Official Rules of the Caesar's Bath Meme
Said meme takes its name from Mel Brooks' A History of the World (Part I), and, upon receiving it, one is supposed to list five things that one's circle of friends or peer group is wild about, but that one can’t really understand the fuss over. Quoth Caesar, "Nice. Nice. Not thrilling . . . but nice."
I never knew what a "meme" was AND I hate chain mail but this sounds like fun. So here goes:
1. IPods - Do I really need to listen to 1000 songs? Do I even like 1000 songs? Do I care if I can download every song that I have always wanted? Don't some songs seem more cherished because you can only hear them once in a blue moon? Doesn't my old-school discman work just fine? The answer to the last question is "yes".
2. Fire Island Summer Shares - Yeah, right. I can be ignored by the same snobs on this Island without having to pay a lot of money to be ignored by them on another.
3. Carb-free diets - Sorry, I really just love cookies. And pizza. And pasta. And rice. And pizza. Did I mention pizza? Plus unless you use your body visually to make a living, you don't need to have the "perfect" body. Just one that is healthy.
4. Benching more than 100 lbs. - Since I do frequent the gym (which explains #3), I often see a lot of my peers trying to bench ridiculous amounts of weight. Listen, if I have more than 170 lbs. on my chest, I want his name and, at the very least, dinner.
5. CSI - I just don't get it. I tried. Twice. I just could not get into it. I guess I am much too much of a Law and Order groupie. Plus, Law and Order is based in NYC. Only the greatest city in the world. In which I happen to have met the love of my life. And in which he and I own a place. And in which I can live my life openly, happily, and excitingly. Wait... is that a word? And yeah, I know that there is a CSI based in NYC. But it's just not the same.
There you have it. I know, given a couple more days, I can come up with more. I probably will. I may even blog about them. So, I have to pass this meme on to three people. Not sure if they will participate but, what the hell... tag you guys are "it":FaustusHugoTodd